About the "Account Director: PR" role at BioStrata
It’s an exciting time at BioStrata – as part of our ongoing growth, we’re looking for someone to join our expanding Public Relations (PR) Department and award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge. Your role would be to create, drive and execute strategic public relations plans alongside your account team for our global client base.
What we are looking for?
It is essential that you bring:
- At least 5 years of experience working in a PR agency
- Previous experience working with clients that operate globally — creating, managing and executing PR programmes that deliver results
- Experience reviewing PR and project materials produced by the team (press releases, articles, media pitches, metrics reports etc.), providing insightful QA and QC input and ensuring the highest quality
- A positive, proactive attitude who thrives on taking responsibility and accountability
- Experience working as a line manager to coach and develop direct reports
- Experience identifying and securing new business opportunities.
Ideally you will also bring:
- A strong working knowledge of the life science media, including the publications, editorial contacts and journalists that are important to our clients
- Experience in the life science or healthcare sectors
- A scientific background (e.g. BSc or PhD in a biology-related subject).
What you will do
- Working as an Account Director across several PR clients, supported by a team of Account Managers and Account Executives
- Owning the client relationship at a strategic “peer-to-peer” level with senior client figures
- Creating integrated PR strategies and plans that are creative, impactful and help our clients achieve their goals
- Managing the execution of these PR plans, working with dedicated team members to support you, to deliver results on deadline and on budget
- Hands-on application of your extensive PR expertise across a range of event tactics including managing client participation at trade shows, running press conferences, delivering media training and leading onsite media meetings
- Reviewing content, assets and deliverables to ensure they are of high quality, effectively meet or exceed the brief and effectively communicate key client messages
- Building client relationships, managing projects and effectively communicating expectations, plans and results across the combined agency-client team
- Writing engaging proposals, pitching and securing new business
- Growing and building great relationships with the life science media through eloquent pitching and narrative creation
- Representing and supporting clients at international life science trade shows, including facilitating media meetings
- Nurturing junior team members, helping them to develop the skills necessary to be an industry-leading PR professional
- Working with the leadership team to uncover novel ways to support our current and future clients by suggesting innovative marketing communication solutions to help them further improve results over time
Why work for BioStrata?
As a rapidly growing and successful company with a main office based in Cambridge UK, we serve clients across the world and are fast becoming one of the most progressive and well-known boutique agencies in life science marketing.
We’re looking for like-minded people who want to become a part of our highly interactive and collaborative team, and who want to play an active role in driving BioStrata forward into its next stage of development.
Put simply, if you want to work at a company where no day is ever the same, where you will have a chance to make a real difference and where you’ll be recognised and rewarded accordingly for your efforts, apply today.
Location: Cambridge, UK (remote options also available)
Salary: Dependent on previous experience
Closing date for applications: 28th February 2021
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at BioStrata before you apply? Then check out our updated careers page, which includes info on our mission, values, company benefits and more.