About the "Account Executive: PR" role at BioStrata
We’re looking for a Public Relations (PR) Account Executive to join our growing PR team and award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge, UK.
As a member of a bustling, progressive marketing agency you will have access to a broad array of expertise to further build your science communications and PR skill set. A background in science (either BSc, MSc or PhD) and a passion for science communications is essential. Please note, this is an entry-level role that would suit someone who has graduated from university recently or someone with around 1 year of experience working in a PR or marketing agency.
This entry-level full-time role is perfect for someone looking to enter commercial scientific communications, with a particular interest in commercial story-telling and public relations.
- Have a life science degree (BSc) e.g. biology, biotechnology, chemistry etc.
- Have exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Have exceptional written and spoken English
- Be comfortable conducting daily email and phone communications with clients
- Be a fast learner with a passion for learning
- Have an immaculate eye for detail
- Be a self-starter and strong problem solver
- Have a genuine interest in working within a commercial environment, backed up by experience where possible (e.g. internships, previous job roles)
- Be a confident team player
- Be familiar with the concept of PR and the value it provides to organisations looking to tell a compelling story and effectively reach their target audiences
- Have an interest in developing the skills required to become a public relations professional in the life science sector
What you will do
You will work across a number of different executional activities, whilst learning how to build strategic communications programmes and comprehensive PR plans that cover everything from thought leadership content to new product launch initiatives. Tasks will include:
- PR planning and strategy development, including media planning
- Press release writing
- Brainstorming, briefing and managing writing and other PR projects
- Story pitching and managing editorial placements
- Interview set up and management
- Press conference outreach and set up
- Social media planning, research and execution
- Day-to-day client liaison and relationship management
- Project management
- Tracking programme metrics and reporting
Why choose a role in life science public relations?
PR is an essential tool that helps companies build, connect, and engage with key audiences to change perceptions, generate demand for their products and drive commercial success. Every time you read a story in the press, see a speaker at a conference or on TV, or read a blog from a key influencer in your industry, there is a likely a PR expert behind them, supporting them with creative story ideas and finding innovative ways to get these stories out into the wider world.
By embarking on a career as a life science PR professional, you’ll be developing a valuable and highly translatable skill set that covers elements such as writing, story pitching, infographic development, media management and more. After all, a great story is only a great story if people can find it and engage with it. As a Senior Account Executive or Junior Account Manager at BioStrata, you’ll learn directly from industry-leading PR specialists about how we find ways to deliver compelling stories to key audiences, ensuring our clients are always a part of the ‘buzz topics’ currently lighting up our industry.
Location: Cambridge, UK (remote options also available)
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2021
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at BioStrata before you apply? Then check out our updated careers page, which includes info on our mission, values, company benefits and more.