About the Part-Time Finance Manager role at BioStrata
We’re looking for an experienced part-time Finance Manager to join our award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge. Please note that this role will operate remotely until we are safely back in the office in late 2021. This is a part-time role, circa 20-25 hours per week.
Roles and responsibilities
The Finance Manager has overall responsibility for a number of accounts administration and finance functions with the aim of maintaining and improving efficiency and productivity of the business finance department. The role is diverse, and embraces many skillsets requiring accounting and bookkeeping, knowledge and experience of Xero, excellent organisation, an eye for detail, and empathy and strong communications for team engagement.
The Finance Manager role is pivotal to the success of the department and the company. The role requires a helpful, friendly personality who acts as a lynchpin, supporting day-to-day accounts activities internally, with the Financial Director and Department Heads, and externally, as an accounts manager for our valued clients and suppliers. This person needs to be an uber efficient, highly organised person who is a creative problem solver and keen to work in a dynamic environment. Having the drive and mindset to innovate and optimise processes and implement new ideas will be a rewarding and exciting part of this role. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Financial Director to support the growing needs and opportunities of the business through its next phase of development.
The primary functions of the Finance Manager include the following:
- Daily updates of bank feeds into Xero
- Reconciliation of all accounts (GBP and foreign currency)
- Record and upload supplier invoices to Xero
- Reconcile supplier statements and solve invoice queries
- Manage and raise supplier payments for authorisation
- Reconcile all payments/transfers from bank accounts (including two foreign currency accounts)
- Process and upload personal and petty cash expenses across the team (GBP & foreign currency)
- Process and upload credit card statements and reconcile transactions against expenses
- Payroll administration - Manage payroll data for submission to Payroll
- Set-up client sales invoices, using account team spreadsheet (BioStrata and its newswire service, LSNW)
- Aged debtor management
Bookkeeping and Payroll
- Payroll management (through Xero)
- Benefits and pension management (liaising with HR)
- VAT returns
- Monthly management reports
- Manage bank communication and relationship
- Manage HMRC communication and submissions
- Training of internal team members/new starters (expenses and associate finance functions)
- Manage internal budgets
- Payment management and set up
Working closely with the Finance Director on the following:
- P&L management and budget reporting working with internal budget holders
- Cashflow forecasting
- Input and support to accountant for EOY accounts submissions
- Seek and apply for funding/grants and R&D tax credits
- Set up finances and reporting against new activities and processes/ventures
- Represent finance in team meetings and support department in company presentations
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter via the form on the right.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Dependent on previous experience
Closing date for applications: 30th April 2021
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at BioStrata before you apply? Then check out our updated careers page, which includes info on our mission, values, company benefits and more.