About the "Marketing Executive" role at BioStrata
We’re looking for a Marketing Executive to join the growing Inbound Marketing team and award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge, UK.
As a member of our bustling, progressive marketing agency you will have access to a broad array of expertise to further build your marketing communications skills. A background in science (BSc, MSc or PhD) and a passion for science marketing and communications is essential. Please note, this is an entry-level role that would suit someone who has graduated from university recently or someone with around 1 year of experience working in a marketing agency.
This entry-level, full-time role is perfect for someone looking to enter commercial scientific communications.
- Have a life science degree (BSc) e.g. biology, biotechnology, chemistry etc.
- Have exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Have exceptional written and spoken English
- Be comfortable conducting daily email and phone communications with clients
- Be a fast learner with a passion for learning
- Have an immaculate eye for detail
- Be a self-starter and strong problem solver
- Have a genuine interest in working within a commercial environment, backed up by experience where possible (e.g. internships, previous job roles)
- Be a confident team player
- Be familiar with the concept of inbound marketing (free training course available here for those keen to dive deeper)
- Have an interest in developing the skills required to become an inbound marketing consultant in the life science sector
What you will do
By joining our team, you’ll get a full perspective on working within an integrated marketing agency and the chance to work on life science clients across the globe. Your role would involve a mixture of marketing and communications activities working with clients to manage and execute integrated marketing programmes. You will gain experience and training across the full marketing mix, focussing on inbound marketing. This will include:
- Inbound marketing planning and strategy development
- Social media planning, research and execution
- Website strategy and management
- Brainstorming, briefing and managing creative design projects (e.g. infographics, sales collateral, eBooks etc.)
- Brainstorming, briefing and managing writing projects (blog posts, whitepapers, social posts, eBooks etc.)
- Project management
- Day-to-day client liaison and relationship management
- Tracking programme metrics and reporting
Why choose a role in life science inbound marketing?
Inbound marketing is an evolving approach to marketing communications that places the needs and interests of the customer at the centre of everything we do. It heavily relies on digital tactics like email marketing, social media, blogging, pay per click advertising (e.g. Google Ads, sponsored LinkedIn posts) and high-value content development (e.g. whitepapers, eBooks) to attract and convert customers by delivering information and educational content they will find useful and valuable.
By embarking on a career as an inbound marketer, you will be developing a highly sought-after skill set in modern marketing, working with a team of world-leading life science inbound experts who will be on hand to provide support and training every step of the way.
Location: Cambridge, UK (remote options also available)
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2021
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at BioStrata before you apply? Then check out our updated careers page, which includes info on our mission, values, company benefits and more.