About the "People and Culture Manager" role at BioStrata
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional to join our award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge. Please note that this role will operate remotely until we are safely back in the office in 2021. At that time, this will be an in-office role, with potential remote working options. Part or full-time hours considered, depending on experience, across a 5-day week).
What does the role look like? Strategic, creative, and team-centric
This is a pivotal time in BioStrata’s growth and development. We’ve built a team of fantastic, talented individuals and a culture that is truly exceptional. We are now looking for a like-minded and experienced HR professional to take the reins; to own the platforms for nurturing and supporting our team, further advance our approach, systems and processes and drive our growth through dedicated recruitment activity.
The People & Culture (HR) Manager at BioStrata will have overall responsibility for a number of functions across these key areas:
- Managing talent pools, growth and succession plans to ensure the company continues to excel in the future. Leading the ‘always hiring’ recruitment process, including the selection and interviewing of candidates.
- Being responsible for nurturing and developing company culture, employee-engagement initiatives and team health and welfare.
- Overseeing and supporting our line managers to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective.
- Consulting on strategic planning and alignment of relevant initiatives - partnering with senior operational staff to establish and roll-out people-related strategy.
What you would work on? Help making our team tick
- Recruitment agency relationship and activity management
- Working with the BioStrata Marketing Director/Manager to support the Inbound recruitment marketing (website updates, job ad creation and updates for paid advertising etc)
- Candidate pipeline management
- Interview management - set up and coordination with relevant department personnel and hiring managers
- First interview reviews and screening of candidates
- Development and update of job specs and role descriptions for hiring
- Sourcing, implementation and management of HR portal/software systems
- Candidate reference and offer management
Direction of line management activities
- Administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter packs
- Ensuring GPDR compliance within HR and ensuring GDPR training across departments and relevant job functions (in collaboration with partners where appropriate)
- Onboarding and induction of new candidates, probation review management (with line managers)
- Working with managers around associated processes/systems
- Encouraging and gathering feedback from employees
- HR issue management and liaison with external HR legal support (if, as required).
- Development and implementation of new ideas, platforms and tools for employee experience, from company onboarding onwards
Team benefit and training management
- Overseeing training and development of employees.
- Management and direction of benefits programmes including pensions and insurances
- Working with the Office Manager, overseeing the management of rewards, awards, gifts and other soft benefits
- Creation and implementation of new team engagement initiatives - focus groups, socials, charity events, workshops and activities at certain times of the year
- Team training and coaching (with external partners) management (and associated budget management)
- Team engagement/liaison for health and wellbeing
- Working with the Office Manager, overseeing administration of financial elements such as payroll, compensation and benefits, and pension schemes.
What are we looking for? An exceptional HR professional with a strong team spirit
The role requires a range of skills including excellent organisation, an eye for detail, good interpersonal skills and strong communications for staff engagement. You’ll need to be a self-starter and able to build an excellent understanding of how our organisation operates, its business requirements and commercial objectives. You’ll work very closely with other departments and provide an information resource for both employees and senior management. In addition to the above, you’ll assume overall responsibility for all HR functions. Most importantly, you need to be a dynamic thinker to bring new thinking to the department of People & Culture. We’re a company that likes to be ahead of the curve in all areas of our operation and are never afraid to take new innovative approaches to drive development and success both for the team and the individuals.
Successful candidates will:
- Have significant experience creating and implementing people-related strategies
- Have a recruitment experience, including interviewing for technical roles and developing innovative ways of sourcing and attracting candidates
- Have excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Be confident in using arrange of systems, applications and digital platforms
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be highly organised and effective at time-management
- Be a self-starter and excellent problem solver
- Be able to handle highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way
- Be a confident team player, working as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way
- Be able to build relationships with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds and geographies
- Display commitment to excellence and a relentless pursuit of results with an exceptional work ethic, strong organisational skills and a can-do attitude
- Be able to anticipate and determine staff and director needs to ensure greater efficiencies
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and with competing deadlines
- Be able to work independently and manage own workflow and scheduling
- Be happy to get stuck and get the job done, no matter what the task entails
- Have the entitlement to work in the UK without work permit sponsorship from BioStrata
Location: Cambridge, UK
Closing date for applications: 30th April 2021
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at BioStrata before you apply? Then check out our updated careers page, which includes info on our mission, values, company benefits and more.