About the Science Writer role at BioStrata
Are you a bright, creative writer who is passionate about telling scientific stories? If so, BioStrata could be the right place for you. We’re a fast-paced, rapidly growing, international agency where you can put your scientific knowledge, creativity, writing skills and energy to good use. You don’t need to have any previous marketing experience, but a history and passion within the field of commercial science writing, editorial development or publishing, is a must.
This full-time role is perfect for someone who is looking to further develop within commercial scientific communications, has a passion for writing and wants to put their editorial development skills and sector and scientific knowledge to use as a subject matter expert within our client-based account teams.
You must have:
- At least 3 years of experience working in life science writing, content development, or publishing
- The ability to write clearly and concisely
- The skill to translate complex scientific ideas into compelling stories with clear narratives
- A flair for creative writing (e.g. creating compelling, engaging social media posts)
- Exceptional written and spoken English, including exceptional grammar
- An eye for detail
- A passion for learning
- An interest in working within a commercial environment
- A desire to be a strong team player
Ideally, you will also have:
- A PhD in a science subject
- Experience and knowledge of the Pharma and Biotech, CRO and CMO sectors and a good understanding of analytical methods used across these sectors
- Editing experience
We're also very keen to receive applications from writers with the experience required to take on a Senior Science Writer role, should that be a better fit for your expertise and track record.
What you will do
By joining our team, you’ll get a full perspective on working within an integrated marketing agency and the chance to work with clients across the globe. Your role would involve writing a mixture of technical content including whitepapers, eBooks and blog posts, as well as creative content (e.g. social media posts, web copy, email copy, infographics etc.).
This role would suit someone who loves immersing themselves in a topic and writing for most of their day (although there is typically time each week allocated to working and brainstorming with the client account teams as part of briefing sessions). It would also appeal to someone who loves learning new things, craves variety (we write about many different scientific topics) and enjoys pushing themselves to develop outside of their comfort zone. At BioStrata there are opportunities to develop your role in the future, potentially as a content editor where you could lead and manage a team of writers, though the desire to do this is not a requirement.
Location: Cambridge, UK (remote options also available)
Salary: Dependent on previous experience
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2021
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at BioStrata before you apply? Then check out our updated careers page, which includes info on our mission, values, company benefits and more.