About the "Senior Marketing Manager" role at BioStrata
We’re looking for an experienced full-time Senior Marketing Manager to join our award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge. Please note that this role will operate remotely until we are safely back in the office in early 2021 and full remote working would be considered for the right candidate.
What does the role look like? Varied, active and with great potential.
The Senior Marketing Manager is a new role created within BioStrata to support the company’s growing need to focus on and drive its own marketing communications efforts. The role is pivotal to the ongoing success and growth of the company, providing support across the BioStrata marketing services business, its Life Science Newswire business and its ‘always hiring’ recruitment marketing initiatives.
The role requires a dynamic marketer who has experience within a marketing agency working to support its own marketing and has strong practical experience of running integrated marketing programmes. Working closely with internal subject matter experts for market insight and industry-relevant topics, the Senior Marketing Manager will also be responsible for the management and coordination of external marketing partners and suppliers to create content and execute programmes.
Our new Senior Marketing Manager will build, manage and execute our marketing plan across three main areas of activity:
- The promotion of BioStrata’s main marketing services
- The promotion of the BioStrata’s Life Science Newswire (a productised news distribution service)
- BioStrata’s “inbound recruitment” initiatives, designed to build our employer brand and attract new candidates into our hiring pipeline through the production and promotion of high-quality content.
In each case, the Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Collecting customer/market info and insights to help shape our strategy and tactical plans, as required
- Defining a strategy and tactical marketing plan to achieve the desired goals
- Managing execution of the tactical plan through our internal execution teams and external partners, where applicable (e.g. writers, designers, developers, PR pros etc.)
- Direct execution support, getting “hands on” with developing things like social media copy and image banners, website copy etc., as required.
What are we looking for? An exceptional marketer with strong project management
This role is diverse and requires a range of skills including excellent organisation, an eye for detail, good numeracy, strong interpersonal skills and high-quality communications skills.
Please note, unlike many roles at BioStrata, this role does not require you to have a life science background.
However, ideally you will have had experience working within a marketing agency (marketing its services, rather than working on client accounts). This is preferred, but not essential.
Successful candidates will:
- Have significant experience working in a similar role and be able to provide examples of campaigns they have planned and managed during our interview process
- Have excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be highly organised and effective at time-management
- Be a self-starter and excellent problem solver
- Be a confident team player, working as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way
- Be able to build relationships with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds and geographies
- Display commitment to excellence and a relentless pursuit of results with an exceptional work ethic, strong organisational skills and a can-do attitude
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and with competing deadlines
- Be able to work independently and manage their own workflow and scheduling
- Be happy to get stuck and get the job done, no matter what the task entails
- Have the entitlement to work in the UK without work permit sponsorship from BioStrata (for those looking to work “in office”)
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter via the form on the right.
Location: Cambridge, UK (remote options also available)
Salary: Dependent on previous experience
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2021
Want to learn more about what it is like to work at BioStrata before you apply? Then check out our updated careers page, which includes info on our mission, values, company benefits and more.